|Photo courtesy of Smoothie Queen @smoothie.in.bed|
Smoothies and smoothie bowls are food porn for the healthy - beautifully bright, guilt free and packed with goodness, these little bowls (or jars) of delight are great for an afternoon boost, post workout refuel, or a filling breakfast. With the cold months looming closer, we look at the best smoothies to try this fall, boosting your immune system, and keeping you happy from the inside out.
1. Jeannette Ogden's Cauliflower Hulk Smoothie
Great for: Morning
Jeannette Ogden, of @shutthekaleup, has an unusual ingredient she is using this season to bulk out her smoothies. Rich in vitamins and minerals, a natural anti-inflammatory, and a great boost for brain and heart health, this underrated superfood peaks in Fall. With a balance of fats, protein and carbohydrates, this is a great morning smoothie.
|Jeannette Ogden's Cauliflower Hulk Smoothie. Photo courtesy of @shutthekaleup|
- Small handful of organic cauliflower florets (steamed then cooled)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup @thenewbarn vanilla almond milk
- @simplyorganicfoods cinnamon
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/4 avocado
- pink Himalayan sea salt
- ice cubes
- 1 tsp maca blend from@essentiallivingfoods
- 1 scoop of @vitalproteins vanilla collagen whey
- 1 tbs @bobsredmill yellow flax.
2. Alexis Mera's Strawberry and Banana Almond Butter Smoothie
Great for: Mid-day snack
Founder and designer, Alexis Mera, is a big fan of smoothies - BIG! Her breakfast smoothie is a daily ritual, this creamy recipe is packed with nuts and seeds, and enough natural sugar to perk up your day this Fall! Great for a mid-day snack or post workout boost.
|Alexis Mera's go-to smoothie|
3. Hilliard Studio Method Signature Smoothie
Great for: Breakfast or lunch
Mother-daughter duo, Liz and Clary Hilliard, are the owners of Hilliard Studio Method in Charlotte, NC. They have come up with their very own signature smoothie which contains all the ingredients to get your day started off right. A powerful mix of protein, vitamin C, greens and maca powders, and packed full of vitamins and minerals, no virus is getting past this smoothie!
|The Hilliard Studio Method Signature Smoothie|
- ¼ avocado
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 cup organic mixed berries
- 2 scoops Tera's Vanilla Whey protein powder (rBGH Free vanilla,organic plain, or goat whey)
- 1 scoop Catie’s Organic Greens powder
- 1 scoop Catie’s Organic Vitamin C Plus powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup ice
- 2/3 cup of coconut water
4. Rachel Mansfield's Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie Bowl
Good for: Dessert
Rachel Mansfield has perfected the art of making good-for-you food look and taste like the best thing on the planet! Take for example, her peanut butter cup smoothie bowl - for one (we hear you Rachel, we don't like sharing either). This chocolate-y treat contains Vital Proteins Collagen, which is great for skin, hair, nails and digestion to name a few, topped off with a dark chocolate peanut butter cup to spoil yourself.
|Rachel Mansfield's peanut butter cup smoothie bowl. Photo courtesy of @rachlmansfield|
- Frozen banana
- Almond milk
- Cacao powder
- Toppings: coconut flakes, granola & a mini dark chocolate peanut butter cup
5. Rachael DeVaux's Coconut, Blackberry, and Ginger Protein Smoothie
Good for: Post workout recovery
Ginger is a great ingredient for Fall when we are all trying to avoid the dreaded Winter cold. Proven to be more effective than a dose of Ibruprofen, this super root reduces inflammation, aids digestion, and helps aid muscle pain and soreness. Rachael DeVaux uses it in her coconut, blackberry and ginger protein smoothie, ideal for recovering after an intense workout session.
|Photo courtesy of @rachaelsgoodeats|
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen blackberries
- 1 scoop @thenaturalcitizen Organic Protein
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 cup unsweetened Almond Coconut @almondbreeze/coconut water/or water
Share your favorite smoothies with us below or tag us on Instagram using #amsmoothiesquad - can't wait to see your recipes!Tweet