You may be asking yourself, Latte Stir Fry? I know, interesting concept. However, Wunder Workshop's Instantly Golden, Golden Mylk Turmeric Latte Blend is indeed a great blend of turmeric, cinnamon and coconut to toss in your stir fry dish. I have not actually tried it as a latte yet, but it's next on my list! The recipe prep time and cook time is not long at all, and you can make enough to last you a few days, working on our meal prep skills, yep. Wunder Workshop was also nice enough to offer us a 10% discount when you make a purchase on their website. The code is AlexisMeraWunder
Read on for all the ingredients and easy steps, and of course feel free to add your own twist.
THE INGREDIENTS (4 servings):
- 2 tbs of Wunder Workshop Golden Mylk Turmeric Latte Blend. The packaging looks different than the one my friend picked up for me at Urban Outfitters. Just make sure to get the 'classic' recipe.
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4 regular size chicken breasts (not the giant ones that are pumped with who knows what?)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of broccoli
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1 tbs Sambal Oelek chili sauce
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- Sea salt
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1. Grab your wok or one of your largest pans, heat the pan on high heat until you can feel the heat when you hold your hand a few inched above the center of the pan.
2. Once you feel some heat, add a tablespoon of coconut oil to the pan and let it continue heating for approximately 2 minutes.
3. While the pan is heating up, chop up 1 medium size onion, 1 red bell pepper and 1 yellow bell pepper. I like to chop them all into 3/4" piece, but the choice is yours if you want more finely chopped onions and peppers.
4. Drop one piece of onion in your pan to see if it starts sizzling, if it does, your pan is ready!
5. Add the rest of your onions to the pan now. While the onions are sautéing, cut 4 chicken breasts into 1" squares.
6. Once the onions are fragrant and start turning golden brown, add chicken to the pan, keep heat on high.
7. Let the chicken and onions sauté, until the chicken starts to brown on one side. Once you see some browning, give the pan a quick stir and then let the other side of the chicken cubes start to brown as well.
8. While chicken is browning, roughly chop your broccoli. I like larger pieces, but again, the choice is yours!
9. After chicken becomes golden on all sides, add broccoli to the pan
10. Immediately add a 1/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce to your pan
11. Add chopped yellow and red peppers
12. Add 1 tsp of minced garlic
13. Add 1/4 cup of coconut milk
14. Add 2 tbs of your Golden Mylk Turmeric Latte Blend
15. Add 2 pinches of sea salt
16. Add 1 tbs of Sambal chili sauce, or less if you want to limit how spicy your dish is.
17. Give all of the ingredients a quick stir to make sure everything is mixed together.
18. Turn heat to low, cover your pan, and let it simmer for about 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
I like to eat stir fry with rice or noodles. If you're avoiding the carbs, it's also very nice over a bed of massaged kale.