Kale is one of those foods that I wish I ate more of. With all of its healthy nutrients, it should basically be a daily staple food. I'm not a huge fan of the bitter taste and some what chewy consistency when sautéed or boiled, so as an alternative, I bake my kale. If you can manage to cook it for the perfect amount of time, it's just the right amount of crispy and delicious.
My favorite recipe for baked kale is super easy and takes all of 15 minutes total to prepare and cook.
1. Be sure to rinse your kale thoroughly under cool water. This is also a good time to pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread your kale evenly in a baking pan and drizzle olive oil on top.
3. Sprinkle on desired amount of salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. You can always add more to taste after you have baked your kale.
4. Pop the pan in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
5. After 5 minutes, change your oven setting to broil, so it cooks from the top and makes the edges crispy. If you want it even crispier, broil for an extra 2 - 3 minutes.
6. After your second timer has gone off, your kale should be cooked and slightly crispy at the edges.
7. Serve with your meat/fish and grain of choice!
Last time I made Baked Kale, I served it with Salmon and whole grain rice. If you want to add a little zing, squeeze a small amount of lemon juice over your kale, and enjoy!
What's your favorite kale recipe? Please share with us below!
You may also like to read:Tweet